Friday 13 April 2012

Yesterday was Thursday.

Today is Friday the 13th.

I don't know about you, but today has been a lovely day for me. One of my best friends got married today. This was followed by a trip to the gorgeous beach with galaxy hot chocolate in the ice cream parlour, a walk along the beach and a lovely time spent with my best friend and her family.
Really, what more could I want?

So why is Friday the 13th unlucky?
I am not superstitious at all. I don't pay them much attention. I didn't realise walking under a ladder was bad luck until I see people shy away from doing it and exclaim when I do it.


Apparently having a fear of Friday the 13th is called riggatriskaidekaphobia.
There is no concrete evidence for why this day should be unlucky. The earliest known reference is to some guy who feared Fridays and the 13th, and then died on a Friday the 13th. Ironic I say.
Also, because of people's ridiculous fear of this day, there are fewer accidents or problems altogether as people are more likely to stay indoors and be more cautious.

So let's throw caution to the wind and just enjoy a day that is like every other!

No comments:

Post a Comment